Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Drive Time

We departed (shockingly) as scheduled by 6 am and were immediately blessed with an amazing sunrise. While I’ve witnessed many gorgeous sunsets in Rio Rancho, this was the first sunrise I’d seen… and it was impressive enough to make me contemplate getting up early just for the occasion.


At the Arizona/New Mexico border, I saw the most stero-typical oriental tourist… one shot from the driver’s seat captured her:


Gorgeous blue skies on the high-plains:


More blue clear skies in the mountains:


The blue skies stayed with us all the way down to The Valley of The Sun:


I also think of this mountain as being covered by “Marching Cacti Soldiers”.


I just love the desert-scapes as seen on The Beeline Highway.


We stopped by the house Tom and I owned in Mesa. I was delighted to see only two changes to the front yard landscaping AND to see how well the yard has come in (when we left it had only been planted about two years.)


Can you see why I so love to drive in Arizona? It is SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I love me home-state!

No comments: