Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hurry Up and Slow Down

Ever notice how at this time of the year (with all the "big" holidays) we rush around so very much, but all we really want to do is sit around and enjoy our friends and loved ones?

I find myself with about two hours each afternoon. It's fairly quiet time, spent at home. My boys are suppose to be napping - and even if they aren't alseep, they are more-or-less in their room and quiet. Today I listed off all the things I wanted to do in those measly two hours:
  1. Finish machine quilting a Santa Advent quilt (for December 1st).
  2. Do my "homework" for The Pampered Chef.
  3. Listen to the recording of a conference call I missed today, for The Pampered Chef.
  4. Go to the toy store to look for a Lightening McQueen car for Jack.
  5. Go look for fabric for a coat for Frank.
  6. Work on Photos (for Aunt / me / book).
  7. Pay the Bills (12 days late).
  8. Sit and read a book - ahh!
  9. Take a nap.

Most of these are things I find easiest to do during the few quiet moments I get. I of course still have house work and laundry and meals that need my attention today. Not to mention yardwork and Christmas lights and decorations and ..... I'm getting more and more tired just looking at this.

I paid the bills. Now I think I'll nap. When I get up, perhaps some of these other things will be doable with the boys "help".

Suzy :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I've decided that for most things, they'll get done when I get around to it. My house is a mess, but ya know what nobody will remember that at this time in my life I had a messy house. I am slowly trying to get back into a routine. I feel like I really accomplished something today because I emptied all of the trash and remembered to put the can out. You are doing so well getting your kids to help out around the house. Remember done (or even not done in my case) is better than perfect.