Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Warm Fuzzies with Lumps

I keep getting warm fuzzies with lumps in my throat. I've been working like a maniac - not just for a day or two, but pretty much for the past TWO MONTHS! When I haven't been working, it's because I was working so hard I got sick (first a cold, then Strep Throat). Still, I kept working. (I'm working so hard to get my Pampered Chef buisness off the ground!)

Frank comes to me and wants to "tuddle". Jack comes to me and trys to shimmiey up my leg. So often I'm "busy" and I push them away; telling them to "leave me alone" or "I have work to do". But (for the moment) they are like puppies and keep coming back over and over - although, already, there are times when I wait too long, and when I finally sit down to snuggle with them, they've moved on and can't be lured to my lap.

Anyway. Frank's suddenly learning to write. (He's 49 months today.) Constantly I find him writing and drawing on slips of paper. (I really should upload a stick figure or two). He's doing well with a few choice words (his name, his brother's name, and my name are the three that he writes all the time).

I'm up (VERY past my bed time - working on The Pampered Chef again). I look down at a crumpled note beside my feet. It's my first Love Note / Valentine from Frank. He drew a picture (I honeslty don't know what of) then wrote Frank (very tiny heart - I didn't know he could draw a heart) "Susy" (my name is "Suzy"). Everytime I think of it or peek at it, I get a lump in my throat, tears in my eyes and Warm Fuzzies.

I love my boys and so soon I know they will be gone. I am struggling so much too learn to enjoy the here and now - sometimes I think I just don't know how to "relax and have fun". I've actually been soliciting help from my husband and friends on this, but perhaps my children would be better able to teach me.

Tomorrow needs to be a day of play (with a little work) instead of the other way around!

Suzy

No comments: