Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Painting a Quilt

I'm beginning to think that, perhaps, painting a quilt is more difficult than making a quilt! I know what colors I want to use in my painting of the quilt, but I can't figure out the design for the quilt.


Finally, I traced the quilt, then colored it with colored pencils a few different ways. I plan to paint the quilt in very muted tones, so look more at the design than the intensity of color here.


Which version of the quilt do you think would look the best? Not detracting, but still interesting?



PS: Isn't it amazing all these designs were colored from one drawing? I love how you can make a quilt look SO MANY different ways, just by color and value placement!!!

2 comments:

Celise said...

I like #2

M.E. Greene said...

I vote for #2. Not sure why, but I just like the way it looks. :) I use the colored pencil technique for projects, too, and it's so helpful to visualize a new project!