Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Time Really Does Fly

Wow! A month ago a friend started her blog and I started reading it, I also created this spot for myself (since I couldn't post to her's without it.) I've been enjoing reading Becky's Blog, so, I keep thinking to myself, I really should write some stuff on mine... so much has been happening and it would be fun to keep track of what I'm thinking and doing. Now, I realize it's been nearly a month I've been having these thoughts. So, let's take a look at what's been going on...

  • Thursday 17 August - Start Blogspot, Email Infant Resource Swimming Instructor about end of season practise for boys.
  • Friday 18 August - Jack's 18 month well visit (he's doing great and is the same size as his 45 month brother, Frank, was at 15 months). Both boys are BIG for their age (mostly over the 90th percentiles). At 35", Jack is one inch from out-growing his crib's maximum height and has reached the max for his porta-crib.
  • Saturday 19 August - During naptime, Jack learns to climb out of his portacrib, so I move him to his crib in the bedroom he shares with Frank. He climbs out of it too. I finally take the side off the crib and convert it to a toddler bed. In desperation, after three hours of working with getting them to nap, I take the boys for a drive until they fall asleep, then carry them into the house. It's over 110 in Mesa, Arizona and gas is expensive, so, I don't like this option, but, it'll have to do for now.

  • Saturday 19 August, cont'd - In the eveing I mow the lawn before my husband heads to a bachelor party. Have you ever heard of a co-ed bachelor party? Neither had we, but he came home with stories of the WOMEN getting lap-dances, at a Girlie Strip Bar, in front of their husbands... it was all VERY WEIRD to us!
  • Sunday 20 August - Nap time poses challenges.
  • Monday 21 August - When we returned from vacation last week, our Air Conditioner was making LOUD noises - well, I could tell they were different anyway, so, we'd had a service man out on the 16th (the day after returning home). Good news! The parts (motor and compressor) are under warranty, so, all we have to do is pay for labor. Bad news! Labor is almost ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS! What?! For parts covered under warranty?! Today I called around to a few other vendors and the manufacturer... they all said the same thing, that this is the "industry standard" and perfectly acceptable. Well, it may be acceptable for those who stand to make a profit, but from a consumer standpoint, something is under warranty, it breaks, why do I have to shell out a grand to make it right again!?!?! The unit still works, it's just louder than normal and the motor has six months left under warranty, so, we'll wait a while before we start handing out the cash. I also go to the densit to have two filling replaced. On the way home I pick up portraits from last month of my boys. Also, I stopped at a quilt fabric shop (Fashion Fabrics) looking for some items for my Aunt. I find one exact and two substitutes I think she'll like. While I was out, my climbing monkey went onto Frank's bed, then the laundry hamper, then the top of their dresser/changing table. My husband found Jack up their throwing diaper changing supplies off of the shelves onto the floor. When the laundry hamper was removed from the sceen, Jack immediatley started looking at the window sill and the post of the bunk bed for a new way to climb up. He's a MONKEY!

Well... I've been at this for over thirty mintues now, and still have WORK to do! So, I must go...

ttfn! Suzy :)

No comments: