Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dinner at the Governor's Mansion

I've been looking forward to dinner at the Governor's Mansion for about two weeks. Tonight was the night and I enjoyed being there every bit as much as I thought I would!


My room-mate and I drove to a Representative's condo, where we chatted with her while waiting for our ride, the good Senator from our area. We enjoyed visiting and relaxing with her a few minutes before he arrived. I was glad we rode together, not because we couldn't have followed, but because of the conversation in the car and the fact that I didn't have to walk across a dark parking lot, with ice and snow, and high heels on.

After being driven through the gates of this former American Legion Park, we were dropped off at the door of the Formal Home of the Governor and his wife. The first thing we noticed was "The First Cat of Wyoming." This playful guy walked us to the door, stopping at each of our feet and looking up with a cry in greeting.


Along with a 12-year-old Lhasa Apso, these two mingled with the crowd all night long. When nearly everyone had left, a calico kitty showed itself, but she was camera shy, just like the puppy!

After hanging my coat, I found the door to the ladies "powder" room hidden in the wall.


A few moments alone afforded me the time to snap a few silly pictures of myself and the crazy powder room!


Every piece of paper was embossed. From the place cards and menus...


All the way to the pile of paper towels in the powder room!


We were blessed to listen to a fellow intern (a homeschooled High School Junior from Cheyenne) as she tinkled the ivories tonight...


Even waiting for our ride became a bit silly this evening at this interesting place!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful time. \mom

M.E. Greene said...

Yippee! What an awesome experience. You looked lovely!

Karen said...

Love that kitty!

Celise said...

Awww. We love tabby's over here. The Govenor's Mansion!! Woo-woo. Very shnazzy, Suze. But I can top that. In a couple of weeks, my boss and I will be heading to Alexandria, VA for the annual Records Mgmt training and we were able to get on a tour of the White House! I'm very excited. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take pictures. We can't even bring purses into the place!

SuzyQSparkles said...

Celise- How exciting! DC has always been on my list of places to see. You can certainly take lots of pictures from the outside though. ;)