Thursday, September 10, 2009

Parenting with Love and Logic

Over the Summer, I've had at least four different people refer me to "Parenting with Love and Logic" by Foster Cline and Jim Fay. Some of them come from people whose accompanying testimonials / reviews are quite powerful to me. Finally, I started reading and listening to the copies from my library.

Love and Logic:
Turning Frank and Jack's world upside down!

In as little as two days, I began to notice a difference in the boys' behavior, but more importantly, I can see and feel a HUGE shift in MY attitude! I'm calm and patient like I've never been before! Granted, I haven't read through it all, and it's not fully ingrained yet, but when I start slipping back into "my old ways", is when things around the house start to disintegrate. Interestingly enough, these Times of Disintegration also seem to coincide with neglecting my food and or sleep needs. Hmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably never noticed but Jim Faye's rules of Love and Logic have always been on the side of my fridge. I appreciate many of the principles and mesh my christian beliefs and whatI have gleaned from Dobson/my parents/mentors. I am glad that you have plugged into these principles, they always have seemed to help around my crazy abode! Wyogirl1