Thursday, March 20, 2008

Early Morning Time

On Monday I started going over to the Family Rec Center to do some of my exercising. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I now wake up around 5:30 to go before Tom has to leave for work. What then, of course, must happen for me is that my body will start to shift to this time schedule... up early (and soon to bed early). I've never been one who could easily "sleep in" just because it was a different day of the week... my body (and I read it's best for bodies) likes to go to sleep and get up at the same time.

This morning, I woke feeling refreshed and awake at 6:36 (I know it will move up closer to 5:30 the more I get up at that time). Instead of crawling back in bed and just laying around, I grabbed a workbook (Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting Playbook by Lynn Grabhorn) and journal, as well as my robe and some water. Then, I went and snuggled into the couch to do a little self-reflection. I got 30 minutes to myself before I heard anyone else stir. It was quite delightful.

The way I've ordered my life is to spend time cuddling with my boys and hubby each morning. Part of why I haven't allowed myself to get up and do "my own thing" was because of the cuddle thing. Well, this morning, when I heard them getting around, I just closed up my books and went in for snuggling with them. It was a good way to do it.

I am glad to be carving out some time for "me" when I'm at my best... in the morning. Often I feel like I'm trying to "steal" time for myself after the boys are in bed, but that's really when I too need to be in bed. I've always been an early-to-bed, early-to-rise kind of person.

Also, last night, just before bed I wrote out today's list of things to do today. I feel so much calmer knowing what I wanted to accomplish. You know how at the end of the day you'll think "I didn't get ____ done?" Well, by writing it down when I was thinking it, it helped give me a focus and a reminder for today.

Here, on the first day of Spring in Wyoming, we've been having rain showers mixed with snow flurries. I am so happy to see the ground wet, but not white, and the sky gray, but producing rain. It gives me hope for greener times ahead. Hope you all have a great day!

No comments: