My Aunt Ginny was a great cook. Over many years, she gathered information for adjusting recipes to cook / bake at high-altitudes. Since I now live at a high-altitude, I was given these little treasures of info on my last visit. Now, I'd like to share them with you.
- Increase flour 2 teaspoons per cup.
- Increase liquid 1 Tablespoon per cup.
- Decrease leavening agent 1/8 teaspoon per teaspoon.
- Decrease sugar 1 Tablespoon per cup.
- Decrease shortening 1 Tablespoon per cup.
- Increase baking temperature 10 degrees.