Monday, July 14, 2008

Where Are You Now?

I was reading Pioneer Woman's Introspective Post about where she is in life and where she thought she'd be. Here's the response I posted to her board:
14 - Go to school. Be an Elementary School Teacher until getting married. Stay home with kids, lots of kids! I wanted pairs of them, two or three pairs, spaced every couple of years. I wanted 2, 4, or 6 children, the house, dogs, cats, gardens, white picket fence. Back in Arizona (my home).

24 - I've been married five years. Made it back to Arizona; LOVE my time out in the desert! Still trying to go back to college and get my degree, but instead working full time to support my husband's "hobbies". Waiting ANXIOUSLY to have children. My sister (17) is pregnant. I spend several weeks with her as she has a child, trying to support her through adopting her infant out, while wondering how life can "play" such tricks on us!

34 - Now. Happily married (third time); FINALLY! Two sons. Dog. Two cats. Rural Wyoming town. Quilter. "Stay at home" but often out and about with the boys. Preparing for first year of homeschooling.

Biggest regret is that I still haven't got that college degree!

I NEVER thought I'd be divorced once, let alone twice!

I miss my step-daughter from my second marriage! I think of her often and wish I could interact with her. I find it very ironic that I have a former step-daughter and four nieces, but I don't get to spend time with any of them. Meanwhile, I have two happy, healthy boys. I enjoy them and also wonder what it would be like for me to have daughters.

Long ago, I expected more children in my home and thought they'd be nearly grown by now, instead, they are just beginning their lives (3 & 5 yos).
Where are you in your life? Where did you think you would be?

No comments: