Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Time to Get Up and Move!

Thanks to my friend Marie, I've been thinking of riding bikes again.

Today, during a break from cleaning MY bedroom (usually I'm cleaning my BOYS' room) I started looking at pictures from our recent trip. Wherein I found a photo I'd snapped of a super cute Sunflower Beach Cruiser by Nirve. ACK! I guess I *do* have good taste, at least in bikes... I don't think I can justify $450 for a new bike, not when I have a Juki TL 98Q Quilting Sewing Machine I've been eyeballing. So, what to do? I remembered Becky raving about Craigslist recently, so I thought I'd peek around there.

No luck anywhere near me in Wyoming, so, I started searching in Utah. Wherein I found this little setup:



Listed for JUST $100!

I guess I'd seen this type of trailer / tandem thing before, but never really thought about it. In the past, I've looked into getting a trailer for the boys, but it seemed cumbersome, after reading about the In-Step Pathfinder, it seems to be just what I'll need to ride with Frank and pull Jack along.

Even though it was 3 1/2 hours away from me, I was excited about it. Well, I have talked with the seller twice today. Turns out that TOMORROW, she's driving to Denver, and can drive right through my town and deliver it to me! YEAH!

So, I went from thinking about riding bikes one week ago, to being able to do it tomorrow! Sometimes this Law of Attraction stuff is just so cool!

New goal, starting as soon as I'm over this cold, I want to start riding with the boys to the grocery store (about 1 mile away) and then the library (1.5 miles). The rec center is about 2 miles, so we can go there too. I'm really excited about this!

1 comment:

M.E. Greene said...

Good for you! I'm glad to see you back in the groove. BTW, I am sending you that shawl pattern we talked about in case you still have the urge to knit it. Be on the lookout for it!