I spent the first 25 minutes cleaning up the sewing room (and made a marked improvement in the room). Then, in just 75 more minutes I finished up this project, which I started TWO YEARS AGO (when I cut it). TWO MONTHS AGO, I assembled the parts (insides with pockets, outside with padding, straps). Last night I quilted and assembled it. I learned/remembered two things:
1 - I must sew more often... I love it!So. I need to find time in my busy schedule to make sure I am spending time each day (because weekly goals seem to disappear) in my sewing room... which probably means I will sacrifice computer time.
2 - My current quilting setup is not as desirable as the one I would like to have... by way of a Juki sewing machine. The biggest problem (at least for small projects like this) is not the size of my machine, but the fact that the machine is slightly higher than the surrounding table-top. This is troublesome because I found a great tool to use (Quilter's Halo, by Sharon Schamber) but it works better when the area around the needle is flat. Hmm...
Anyway. Wanted to share a quick project completion in quick blog post.