Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Photojournalism - FRONT PAGE

Today one of my photos made it on the front page, above fold, in color, with credits! YEAH!!!

I woke Tom and Frank up screaming (with joy) and jumping up and down.

The photo is of two siblings casting their ballots at yesterday's election... it's certainly not the artistic or portraiture style I've done in the past, but it's what the newspaper editor wants/needs.


In July, I set the following Photojournalism Goals:
  1. Get published in the local paper(s).
  2. Get on the front page of the paper.
  3. Participate in training at the paper.
  4. Get an assignment from the paper (to go photograph a certain event).
  5. Have written articles published (with or without photos).
  6. Get paid.
As of today, I have accomplished the first three... in the past seven weeks, fourteen photos have been published... that's two per week, which I think is pretty darn great!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the guys shirt in the back cracks me up, Big Dude,I love humurous people, anyhow, I am glad that you are setting and meeting your goals, It's always a postive experience when they come to frutition. wyogirl1

Celise said...

I think it's pretty darn great, too. This one makes up for that other photo you did with no credits. Did you ever get that taken care of?

SuzyQSparkles said...

Celise- I thought I did, the publisher apologized for the oversight, but today they did it again, printed another of my photos without credit. So, I think I need to talk with her and say "give me credit or give me money". Is that too pushy? I mean, 15 photos in 2 months. So, we know they like my work. I'm not out for money, but if I don't get proper credit, I feel like that would be an acceptable alternative...