Sunday, August 10, 2008

Calming Winner

I have calmed down SIGNIFICANTLY since Wednesday where I discovered that I have a very treatable case of a little arthritis in L4-L5-S1 and also a little narrowing of the nerve passages.

On Thursday, I met with the Physical Therapist (whom I liked a great deal). Our meeting went very well. He put my fears at ease and answered my (many) questions. The long and short of it is that I have a series of "micro injuries" over the years, specifically from child-birth, weight gain, lack of muscle strength (see first item about delivering HUGE babies), age, and genetics. Basically, with a little focused work, I'll be feeling significantly better in "three, maybe four weeks." The fact is, I'm *extremely* flexible (to a fault) and I'm motivated, so, a few exercises twice-a-day, add back Yoga, next week introduce Hydro Therapy (pool time) and so on, and I'll be on my way to feeling better than ever!


-------------------------------------

For the Benevolent Birthday Bonus, there were 20 people who submitted by the deadline, and the Random generator chose...

Number 10. Let's see who the Lucky Lady is...


So, Charlotte of Owl Love to Stamp, please send a comment with your snail mail info (I won't publish it) and I'll get your goodies sent off!

Thank you all for playing along in my first (successful) blog-gift-giving session!

No comments: