Saturday, February 21, 2009

Quilt Design - Break Time

Can I take a break? Today, Jack and I left the house at 8 and returned at 3.

Here's an ice sculpture in the town we were quilting in.
You can see Jack's GREAT Self-Haircut!


During that time, we drove to the quilt shop and set up my quilt


I found I made a mistake with one of the zippers, so I had to re-pin it (to make it easier to attach the quilt to the machine, I have a set of zippers I pre-pin the quilt to). Then, I spent 3-1/2 hours quilting the quilt.

It was handy to have a little guy along...
he was able to climb
under the machine and attach my zipper when I put things on in the wrong order!

Now, for the binding and label and to finish the pattern, but I think I'm going to take the rest of the day off from all things quilting.


I'm pooped and I need a little break! And you know what... I think I've earned it!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Nice Apron :)

SuzyQSparkles said...

Yes. Some Nice Friend gave it to me. It's still my "work apron" and has also become my "long arm apron"... to hold scissors, threads, and little munchies.

What do you think of my hair hold-back? I forgot a bandanna, but I had a cloth napkin in the car, so, I used it. If it hadn't been there... I was going to buy a Fat Quarter just to hold my hair out of my face while I worked! :P