Friday, February 13, 2009

Quilt Design - Cheerful Child

I spoke with my Mom about buying versus using my stash. I also spoke with my Hubby... who said to go ahead and purchase some of the pre-cut units. His quick support, in spite of our financial concerns, gave me the encouragement I needed to go up and poke around my Studio.

I discovered this little pile of fabric, which I've had set aside for OVER three years to "do something with".



Thing is there are only eight fabrics here and most collections have 30-42, so, I'd need to add to it. This isn't my "usual" color palette, but I think I've pulled together enough fabrics that can work...


I keep reminding myself that it doesn't have to be "perfect", just complete. I also remind myself that it "just has to look good on a small photo", not up close. I mean, who would put Stars with Bamboo with Mosaic Tiles? Me, that's who!

Now that I think about it, I may know of a place I've stashed some other muted fabrics in the process of "Suzy's Carrot Quilt Replica" project. I'll have to go peek and see if there are a few more rose, brown, or green pieces I can use.

I'm so grateful for Tom's support and I'm also grateful for my abundant stash (also compliments of Tom) that I can use for spontaneous projects! :D

No comments: