Friday, September 19, 2008

Almost Out the Door

Well, the night before a two-week road-trip and I'm actually feeling calm and pleased with myself... both a rare thing to happen just before leaving! I planned my week out and pretty much stuck to the schedule. Imagine what it would be like if I did this same thing (organizing and breaking tasks up) for other things, like Christmas or trips or projects! I could actually get things done ON TIME and at ease!? Okay, not totally at ease, as I often do, I planned too much and was wiped out ALL WEEK. Thus my absence from these forums, but, I did get things done on time, so, that IS a step in the right direction!

Here are a few pictures from this week:

Tuesday - before afternoon class-time, I took my boys and three of our neighbor-kids (also homeschooled) to the park.



Wednesday


With so much going on lately with Jack, Aunt Lou sent Frank his "Road to Wyoming" Quilt. He ask her to make this the last time we visited (when she gave me a quilt made in the same pattern, but called it "The Road BACK to Arizona".) Mine is full of Arizona related fabrics. For the boys, there are things representing their interests and also fabrics representing the road (and views) between Arizona and Wyoming. The boys and I selected most of the fabrics on the way home from a trip, then, I cut them into 2 1/2" strips and mailed them to my Aunt.

Jack's top is nearly done, and I'm on a mission (for my trip) to find the backing for Jack's "Road to Wyoming". I like how the boys' quilts have "kids" fabrics, but overall have a more mature feel.

The pattern for all three of these quilts is "Arkansas Crossroads". It is one of my new favorites. I LOVE how well it works with scraps.

1 comment:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the quilt.... and adored the photo of you and your first bolt. If I only knew where I had put my first.....