- Au Jus ala Jessica (see recipe below)
- Homemade Buns - Wonderful! Terrific! Amazing! Even great COLD and PLAIN, straight out of fridge, the next morning!
- Steamed Rice - A good, simple side for this. Not really necessary, but nice to enjoy sauce on.
- Microwave Steamed Frozen Broccoli Pictsweet Deluxe Baby Broccoli Florets) - which was surprisingly delicious!
- Perfect Pie Crust (The Pioneeer Woman)
- Carmel Apple Pie (The Pioneeer Woman)
Actually, the dinner was so delicious, that even thought the pie looked amazing, we still haven't tasted it. After lunch we'll cut into it! ;)
Here's the recipe for the Au Jus & Roast:
Au Jus ala Jessica
by Jessica Cecrle
- Center Rump Roast
- Onions – 3 med – sliced thinly
- Mushrooms – sliced thinly
- Johnny's Au Jus Concentrate
1. Rub generous amounts of salt & pepper into roast.
2. Roast in oven 2-3 hours low heat (250 F' ish) to internal temperature of 145F.
3. Once the roast reaches about 145F, remove from the oven, be careful not to overcook this roast. (It's easy to do!) It should be a little pink when it comes from the oven because it will continue to cook a bit more on it's own. Let sit 10-20 minutes.
4. Thinly slice the meat (which will still be a bit pink – if it's too pink, just warm it a little in an oven),
5. Melt 2 T butter over medium-low heat. Add onions. Sauté slowly, adding more butter as needed until onions caramelize. At the end, add Mushrooms to onions or cook mushrooms separately.
6. Use drippings plus water to make Au Jus sauce according to directions on bottle.
1. Serve over steamed white rice.
2. Serve with Asparagus or other fresh green veggie.