By the way, we arrived back at 10:30 pm ... after JUST 14 hours on the road today!
In any case, being so tired from this trip, I wanted to get back to my own bed and my things. But my feeling of rest and home points me back to Arizona. Luckily, my Mom helped me paint a mural with a Sonoran theme. When I saw it I smiled and felt better... I also thought that I should put a heat lamp in the room it's in to make it feel more like a desert (the house was 67 and outside was almost down to 40.) Also, all around Shadona Central Speedway, I have Arizona paintings and pictures. Whenever my eyes rested on one of my Sonoran things, I smiled and felt better. At least I can keep pieces of my home around me.
In any case, I think some of these revelations came after searching out "home" quotes online. Here are some that I found:
- "Have nothing in your homes that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." – William Morris, 19th Century Designer
- A man travels the world over in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.- George Moore
- The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes. - Harold B. Lee (1899 - 1973)
- Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,
Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. - John Howard Payne (1791 - 1852)
- My home is not a place, it is people. - Lois McMaster Bujold, "Barrayar", 1991
- Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home, sweet home
For there the heart can rest. - -Henry Van Dyke
- "Having some place to go is home. Having someone to love is family. Having both is a blessing." – Unknown
- "Home is a magical word - within that mystical circle are comforts and warmth never found outside it." – unknown
- "Home is not where you live, but where they understand you." – Christian Morgenstern
- "Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in." - Robert Frost
- "Home is where there's someone to love, and someone to love us." – unknown
The quote that finally "hit home" (no pun intended) was this one:
- "Home is where your favorite memories are." - Peter-Dirk Uys
and these followed closely behind it:
- "Home is where your story begins" – Unknown
- "Home is where one starts from." - T.S. Eliot
- "May your home be a place where friends meet, family gathers and love grows." – UKNOWN
- "Mighty proud I am that I am able to have a spare bed for my friends." - Samuel Pepys
- "My home is where my books are." - Ellen Thompson 1909
- "Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion." - Leigh Hunt
In any case, I've been pondering the simple little word "HOME" and what it means to us. It's strange how I resist using it because I just don't want to accept this Barren Wasteland as My Home...
So tell me, what does HOME mean to you?