Saturday, January 19, 2008

Life in Wyoming - A Beautiful Day

It was somewhere between 15 and 20 degrees Fahrenheit yesterday morning as Frank and I stepped out of our apartment building. As we started across the crunchy snow covered lawn, he said "It's a beautiful day! Just listen to the birdies singing!" I thought "I have to remember just what he said so I can blog it"... of course, then, I forgot the third sentence which was something more about how nice a day it was going to be.

It was nice out, just a hint of a breeze... when the wind is blowing (the wind chill factor) it can feel 10, 20, even 30 degrees lower! I've been more comfortable on days when it's 7 or 11, than when it's in the low 20's with a STRONG, FURIOUS wind.

Poor Jack has trouble when the wind is going. He's bundled up and "warm" enough, but he has to hold our hands or he gets blown over. Actually, today, I was getting blown back as I tried to walk sideways into the wind.

It seems to me that if it's going to be windy here, it does it for a whole day. Usually, if it's nice in the morning, then it's nice in the afternoon and evening too. Of course, not always, but, usually.

So, I wanted to tell you about Frank's comment that made me smile, about the Beauty and Birds, and now I've found myself giving you a little more info on our Wyoming Life... truly, I never fully "understood" what "wind-chill factor" was ....... until recently. This is just one of the MANY things that we native-born and raised "Zonies" are learning about the "cold-country".

Suzy

No comments: