1. Create an account with the service you wish to use (my global tracker is www.feedjit.com and my counter is www.amazingcounter.com). You could also use a search engine for "free online counters" or some such search. There are MANY options out there!Let me know if you add something to your page!
2. Set up the service options you want (format, colors, etc.)
3. Copy the HTML code from the service.
4. Log into your Blogger Dashboard (type www.blogger.com, then enter your user name and password).
5. Click “Layout” under the Blog you wish to modify.
6. Click “Add a Gadget” on the area of the page you want to have the item located (side bar / bottom / etc.)
8. If you want, give your gadget a TITLE.
9. Paste the HTML code from the service in the CONTENT field.
10. If you would like, you may drag and drop the new gadget to a different place in the layout of your page.
11. Click “PREVIEW” near the top of the page.
12. If you like what you see, then click “SAVE”.
13. Go check out the new functionality on your page! :D
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
How to insert HTML Code into your Blogger Layout.
After several attempts, I finally figured out how to insert some tracking codes into my Blog. I've really been enjoying seeing how many visitor stop by, and where they are located. In response to requests on how to do this, here's a step-by-step on how to add an HTML Gadget to your Blogger Page.