Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Washday Wednesday Update

For those of you who may be interested in how this Washday Wednesday went (as compared with the past few), here's an update...

The simple version is that it went very well!

The long version - I was much more relaxed and patient with myself.
  • I went about my morning knowing I'd get around to laundry... and working in that direction, but not panicking and getting upset at how late it was getting.
  • I packed a lunch for us, and left around 11:00.
  • We put the laundry in.
  • Then had our lunch in the van (when a friend called to check on how laundry day was going... THANKS for thinking of, remember, and calling me!)
  • Transferred to the dryers.
  • We walked next door where I let the boys choose a Krispy Kreme donut (which they shared).
  • Then, while they played on their scooters in the dirt lot next door,
  • I did a Clean Car Boogie on the van.
  • We went back inside where I used my new folding stool (Wal-Mart, $14). The stool was a little low for the counter heights, but my feet still feel good and I didn't wear myself out.
  • Afterwards, we went and took care of three errands without incident.
My daily calendar had this illustration:


I thought it's quote "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abraham Lincoln" was particularly appropriate for my Washday. It also makes me smile because one of my favorite quotes about attitude is from Disney's Pollyanna, where Haley Mills goes cross-eyed trying to read her father's locket... which says "If you look for the bad in people you'll surely find it. -Abraham Lincoln" Did you know that he never really said that? The writer of the movie script made up the quote and the reference! Of course I only learned that piece of trivia as an adult, and it sounds like something he'd say. :D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad today went better for you! I love Pollyanna, I really need to get that for my kids.