Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm Wanted!

Basically, lately, wherever I go and whatever I do, people want me or are advising me of what I “should” do… in a good way. It seems every time I turn around, people are telling me “you’re great at…” or “you’re really good at…” and then they follow it up with how I could profit from my skills. This is very flattering and exciting.

Most exciting is that I’m being propositioned by the owners and managers of Quilt Shops to teach, design, and generally work for them.


It’s so intriguing to me. I’ve been working with The Law of Attraction since January 2007. I understand the principles, but putting them into action and then seeing them work is still… well… it puts me at a loss for words.


Right now, I’ve talked with the owners of two quilt shops. With the second one, I ask about whether they expected their teachers to “be exclusive” to their shop. (They do.) I’m not sure how I feel about that… what is the “standard” out there? When you teach at one shop, how far away must you travel before it’s “acceptable” to teach at another? Also… what’s the norm for pay? Do you get paid a standard rate? Is the rate per class, per hour, per student or some combination? Do you simply collect the class fee from the students and the shop sells merchandise?

This is all very exciting to me. It’s always pleasant to be approached and ask for you your ideas. I just have to choose what is going to continue to brings me the most joy. I really want to keep working on my goal of publishing my own designs… perhaps teaching will help propel me towards that, by giving me goals to have patterns completed for and students to teach too.


If you’ve “been there”, I’d love to hear your input! In the meantime, I’m going to have a busy day tomorrow at the dentist and lube shop and ice rink, then, Thursday we’re going to take a little mini-vacation to Cheyenne to support my Uncle as he is commissioned into the Wyoming Highway Patrol.

No comments: