Friday, February 15, 2008

It’s Been A Great Day!

I’ve had a great day today. I’ve visited. Crossed 4 out of 5 things off my list. Had a tasty and super-simple homemade meal. Relaxed. Finished some projects. And now, for some reason, I’m just wiped out and can barely keep my eyes open or focused. And so. I’ll tell you about my super-simple dinner and then I’m “over and out!”

A few days ago, I made The Best Ever Lasagna from The Pioneer Woman. I made one modification to the recipe… I made fresh pasta, which made it AMAZING! I don’t know about you, but I’ve never had homemade pasta in lasagna before… it was very interesting. You didn’t really “notice” the pasta while you were chewing (like, it wasn’t all rubbery and chewy). Also, the denser, fresh pasta seemed to “hold” the whole thing together. As in, when you put a piece on your plate, it all stayed together (instead of sliding apart into separate pieces). Using fresh pasta also allowed me to fit the pieces just right into my dishes (including an Oval Shaped Pampered Chef Stone). I cooked one pan immediately and froze another (which is why my dinner was so easy tonight, just heat (for 90 minutes) and eat! ) The ONLY thing we would have changed, was the sodium… between the pasta, the sauce, and the cheese, the lasagna had THREE TEASPOONS of SALT… a bit much for our tastes (although we didn’t notice it so much on the reheats). By the way, this lasagna was equally good fresh, leftover, or frozen… all of which were cooked in stoneware in the oven or toaster oven. We will MOST DEFINITLEY be making this again and again!

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's a great recipe. I was able to get some of the hot sausage super cheap when Safeway was having their sara lee sale. I love being able to freeze half the batch for later. Where did you get the recipe for the pasta?