Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Amazing Amy and her Accomplices

So. I first spoke with Amy at 9:24 am. I met her at 10:24 am. We then drove around town for about 1 1/2 hours. We decided to let our boys keep playing, so I kept her son with me. The boys were together for TEN HOURS with no fights or injuries! They had an absolute blast!

Upon realizing that Amy and her family had been eating out FOR WEEKS (they are relocating from the East Coast), Tom and I threw together a supper (chicken & rice bake, veggies, tossed salad, biscuits, mixed drinks, cookies, and banana bread) and insisted they stay when they picked up their son. Lucky for us, Tom and Caleb hit it off too! The four of us adults just couldn't stop talking! We had to force ourselves to part when it was after 8:30 pm.

I am just giddy with excitement at making new friends that we HAVE SO MANY things in common with!!!

Now. If you're one of my new or old friends, don't get me wrong here. But isn't is just INCREDIBLE when you click with someone else? I consider myself lucky to find another Mom I can visit with, where our kids play nicely. But this, where nine people meet and "click" instantly. I think it's just PHENOMENAL!!!

To top it all off, they wrote a contract for a house this afternoon... just six doors down the street from us! We're going to be neighbors and we're all DELIGHTED!

I've ALWAYS wanted the kind of neighbors you could just drop in on and hang out with. I think we're going to FINALLY have it! They are planning to close on their house in the middle of July... still plenty of time for lots of Summer Fun!

No comments: