Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sassy Apron Swap, Summer Update

So, I joined the Spring Sassy Apron Swap and the next week Tom broke his leg. Shortly after joining the Summer Sassy Apron Swap, we made an offer on a house and started another move. So, thinking about the aprons has been challenging, but also a welcome relief from the other things I "HAVE TO" do.

I did get an unexpected chance to go to Salt Lake City this past week and my top priority was to find fabric for the summer apron swap. I'm SO DELIGHTED with what I found!


The fabrics on the left are seer-sucker and they are for my swap partner. The ones on the right are shirting materials for me.

I actually bought the hand towels and dish clothes at the stop BEFORE the fabric store. I REALLY like these Kitchen Aid dishtowels. I have several already. They are waffle weave on one side and terry cloth on the other. I get them at Target (in stores only). I found these and thought "these are bright and Summer-y, I'll see if they will match the fabric I find."

I think the fabrics will look so cute with The Paisley Pincusion's Scalloped Apron pattern. It's a reversible pattern I found recently at Valley Fabric Shop (Lyman, Wyoming). Actually, I'm going to get off the computer and layout the fabrics to cut the patterns. I think I'll be able to lay them out and cut both aprons (all four pieces of fabric, eight layers) at one time.

No comments: